Happy Holidays! Enjoy these Recipes from our team
To get you in the holiday spirit, we are sharing favorite recipes from our team.
#Naughty Sugar Cookies
by Cheryl Bennett
Ingredients: butter, sugar, egg, vanilla extract, baking powder, flour
2 cups Sweet Cream Salted Butter (softened)
2 cups Sugar
2 tbsp. Vanilla
4 tsp. Baking Powder
6 cups Flour (All-Purpose)
1. Add butter and sugar to your mixer. Cream the butter and sugar until it is completely mixed. Do not over-mix.
2. Add vanilla and eggs and mix until completely incorporated.
3. Add Baking Powder and mix.
4. Mix in the flour two cups at a time.
5. Do not chill the dough, the cookies will bake better if the dough is at room temperature.
6. Roll a handful of the dough out on a prepared surface until it's about 3/8" thick and cut out shapes with a cookie cutter.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes depending on the size of the cookie. Do not over-bake.
8. Decorate with Icing
#Nice Granola Crunch
By Tara Mittal-Campbell
Ingredients: oatmeal, coconut, almonds, golden raisins, cranberries, apricots, olive oil, light brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, sea salt.
3 cups rolled oats (not instant)
3 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 cup honey
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup small-dice dried fruit
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1. Heat the oven to 325°F and arrange a rack in the middle.
2. Place the oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl and stir to combine; set aside.
3. Place the honey, oil, and vanilla in a small bowl and stir to combine. Pour over the oat mixture and mix until the oats are thoroughly coated.
4. Spread the mixture in a thin, even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, then stir and continue baking until the granola is very light golden brown, about 5 to 15 minutes more.
5. Place the baking sheet on a wire rack and cool the granola to room temperature, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. (Note: It will harden as it cools.)
6. Add the fruit and nuts or seeds to the baking sheet and toss to combine. Store the granola in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Happy Holidays to all!